Accurate Professional Translation
Translating texts is no simple task. You need a professional that understands the details and nuances of each language. The problem with automated translation tools is that it translates word by word. It is tough for a tool like this to interpret intention, tone, and even cultural connotations.
Having a single word mistranslated can totally misrepresent your product and your brand.
Getting more traffic to your website is one of the most important goals of your business. More than likely, all the content on your site is only in English. However, one of the most efficient ways to increase traffic is to have all the content on your website processed into different languages by a professional translation service.
Think about it: would you make a purchase on a website in a language that you don’t understand?
Having your website in various languages extends the potential reach in global search results, possibly finding new customers you didn’t believe that you could get before.
Yes, millions of people understand English well enough to navigate your website, but according to a report from Harvard Business Review:
- 72.1% of consumers spend most or all of their time on websites in their own language.
- 72.4% of consumers said they would be more likely to buy a product with information in their own language.
- 56.2% of consumers said that the ability to obtain information in their own language is more important than price.
- 9 out of 10 Internet users said that, when given a choice of languages, they always visited a website in their own language.
You read that correctly. More than half of surveyed consumers said they are willing to pay more for your product if you give it to them in their native language.
While many companies are investing in content marketing (and you should too, because it’s cost effective and produces three times more leads than traditional marketing), you should consider hiring a professional translation service to translate all your web content into different languages.
Translating Your Web Content Will Drive More Traffic to Your Website
Neil Patel, co-founder of KISSMetrics and Crazy Egg, did a case study on how much more traffic he got from translating his website into 82 languages.
It’s an interesting read, but we’ll give you the gist of it.
• Within three weeks of translating his blog, he saw a 47% increase in search traffic.
• People from different countries started to engage with comments and social media shares.
• Because he used an automatic translation plugin, he noticed several issues. Duplicated entries, issues with text alignment and his average click-through rate went down. Yes, his traffic increased, but he had to make a lot of technical adjustments and text cleanup to get an acceptable result.
Automatic Translations Will Hurt Your Search Engine Ranking
While Neil Patel’s case study shows the power of translated content, it also is evidence that auto-translation tools are a potentially dangerous option for your website. In his case, this option worked for him because he had the time and expertise to fix manually all the errors the translation plugin produced. Not everyone can do the same thing.
In fact, according to Google’s search guidelines, auto-generated content can get your site penalized and removed from the search results index. The risk is simply too high.
Here’s a direct quote from a Google employee regarding auto-translated content in Google Forum:
In general, when we determine that a page contains only auto-generated content, we may remove it from our index. If we determine that the largest part of a site consists of auto-generated content (such as when it’s automatically translated and crawled & indexed like that for several languages), then we may opt to remove the whole site from the index. This may sound a bit harsh, but auto-generated content that is created for search engines is a really bad idea and a waste of our resources.
The best way to ensure your translated web content will get you the traffic results you are looking for is if you get it professionally translated by a human. Not only is it the only way to do it without putting your current ranking at risk, but it is also the best way to expand your reach and deliver great content to your international customers.
For more information contact us at : email@example.com or visit www.clear-accent.com.
Leave a Reply